Making Something Special

Before "Making Something Special"
"Art is the act of making something special."

This quote comes from Ron Martoia, one of the more creative people I have had the privilege of interacting with.  He's one of those kind of people who doesn't do ordinary... seems like everything he is about is somehow turned into an art. Cooking, exercising, writing, speaking, vocation... you name it. He seems to know just how to put that extra spin on something, take it beyond what you'd expect and turn it into something special.  I'm always inspired by people like that.

Making something special means taking the ordinary to the next level, beyond ordinary. For me, it makes the difference between a day being filled with a series of mundane tasks, and one that has moments of art. I believe that we all have the capacity to make things special because we have the fingerprint of our Creator all over us.

Alot of my creative energy, or "making things special" went into ministry in the past.  So now I find myself turning my attention towards our home in this season of our lives.  Our floors have ugly green carpeting that was laid when the house was built, nearly 20 years ago.  Yes, you can imagine (see picture above).  So, this week I am tearing it out in one of our underutilized rooms, repainting the walls (also the same color since we moved in) and making this space into something special.  Yes, to me this is art and I can't wait to get going on the project!

May we all find ways today to turn something ordinary into art by making it something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment