“For I know the plans I have for you, “ says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land.” (Jeremiah 30: 11-14)
Here are my quick takeaways from these scriptures:
- God has a good plan for your life. And because of who God is, its probably bigger and more amazing than you can even comprehend.
- God's plan for your life doesn't include bringing disaster upon you.
- You can have God's ear if you want it. God listens.
- God promises you that when you seek him you will find him. He's not as elusive as you might think. "Finding God" is part of the journey. How uninteresting, if as a child, you played hide and seek with your parents and the game began, "You count to ten, sonny, and when you're done you come and find me. I will be hiding in the hallway closet. Right behind all of the coats hanging up." The thrill of the game is the journey of discovery. The joy of finding would be significantly lessened if the destination was known right from the beginning. So it is with God. The joy is in the journey of seeking and finding. Think about that.
- You can count on God to give back what is rightfully yours in Him.